Following the implementation of the new Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC on 29 December 2009, Pilz Automation Technology has introduced a training course – The New Machinery Directive – which provides machine builders and end users with a greater understanding of the new Machinery Directive and the associated standards that cover the Essential Health and Safety Requirements relating to the design, build, operation and maintenance of machinery used within the European Economic Area.
Topics covered include:
- History and scope of the Machinery Directive
- Comparison of the new and old Machinery Directives
- Definition and scope of machinery subject to the new Directive
- Administrative and assessment procedures to achieve compliance
- Essential Health and Safety Requirements (EHSRs)
- Harmonised standards under the new Machinery Directive including advice regarding EN 954-1 and EN ISO 13849-1
Courses are scheduled monthly and take place at the Pilz training facilities in Corby, Northamptonshire, or additional courses can be organised at companies' own premises or other convenient locations.
Follow the link for more information and a booking form for the new Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC training course.