Engineers, scientists and educators involved in test and measurement, industrial control and automation, and embedded design are invited to attend NIDays 2009, the annual professional development conference, hosted by National Instruments UK & Ireland. This renowned industry event is held, in association with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and media partners Electronics Manufacture & Test, The Engineer and New Electronics, on Tuesday 17 November 2009 at Savoy Place, London, home of the IET.
NIDays is a free, multi-track conference and exhibition for engineers to explore the latest tools and technologies from National Instruments. The day offers more than twenty hours of in-depth technical sessions and fifteen hours of hands-on training.
Technical highlights at this year's conference include:
- Software Development Techniques: Experience the powerful new features in LabVIEW 2009.
- Test, Data Acquisition and Instrumentation: Explore a spectrum of application areas, including high-performance data acquisition, with new X Series and Wireless Sensor Networks, RF communications, modular real-time architectures, automated test and instrument control.
- Industrial Measurements and Control: Learn how to increase productivity and remain competitive when designing or optimising industrial control applications.
- Embedded Design: Learn tips and view demonstrations of the latest software and hardware to aid the process of designing, prototyping and deploying embedded systems.
- Academic Summit: Find out how to enhance engineering and scientific teaching and research programmes.
- Graphical System Design for Green Engineering: Discover how NI technology can help accelerate innovation in renewable energy, power efficiency and environmental monitoring.
The Industry Experts Panel will answer delegate's questions around the topic of What Inspires Innovation, discussing how research enables fiction to become reality, how engineering disciplines such as robotics, biomedical and green help drive innovation, and how to inspire the next generation of engineers and problem solvers to improve everyday life.
NIDays attendees will also have the opportunity to choose from a total of fifteen hours of technical hands-on content to gain valuable experience of using National Instruments' hardware and software products such as LabVIEW, NI CompactDAQ, CompactRIO, NI ELVIS II and PXI. In addition, LabVIEW users are invited to take the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) free of charge at NIDays, providing a saving of £109. LEGO Education, Tektronix and Amfax are among the companies that will be exhibiting at NIDays.
For more details go to www.ni.com/uk/nidays.
How to register
Registration for NIDays is free. Register online at www.ni.com/uk/nidays, telephone +44 (0)1635 572498, email or use the form on this page.