Thomson has launched a new website, www.thomsonlinear.com, which provides detailed information about the company's comprehensive family of mechanical and electromechanical motion products, including a vast array of helpful, time-saving and performance-optimising design tools and educational/training resources. Visitors can also browse potential motion products for their application by industry. Each resource is provided to help engineers streamline the design process and optimise the performance of their machine by making it quicker and easier to specify best-in-class components and systems.
Rob Gallagher, Thomson Marketing Communications Manager, says: "For machine builders, finding the ideal motion control solution is not about finding the fastest, most reliable or most accurate or even least expensive option. Rather, we find our customers are looking for the optimal balance of performance, life and cost. Our new website, and the customer support team behind it are positioned to help machine builders quickly configure the optimal solution for their application."
Machine builders will quickly find all relevant features, benefits, specifications and ordering information for Thomson linear actuators, ball screws and lead screws, clutches and brakes, linear bearings and guides, linear motion systems, precision balls and planetary gearheads. They can also browse potential products by industry, including aerospace and defence, electronic assembly, lift truck, medical, mobile off-highway, packaging and converting, personal mobility, semiconductor and textiles.
Perhaps most significantly, OEMs have access to the company's comprehensive and practical library of design tools and education/training resources, which include:
- Sizing software such as Linear MOTIONEERING and Micron MOTIONEERING to automate the linear system and planetary gearhead sizing, selection and quoting process
- Attribute-based Product Selectors that automatically identify the optimum components based on user inputs
- On-demand and live technical, educational and non-commercial webinars
- An Engineer's Toolbar that provides a convenient method of performing common technical calculations
- Configurable 2D and 3D CAD drawings in all major CAD formats
- A library of technical articles and white papers
- Thomson eNews - a monthly email newsletter that covers a wide range of topics including application design, problem-solving insights, product introductions and selection, literature and online software tools
Machine builders can also enrol for training courses and even request customised, on-site training.
Take a look at the new website now at www.thomsonlinear.com.