A revised list of Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards was published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) on 5 June 2012. These Harmonised standards provide a presumption of conformity to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. The latest list can be downloaded from the European Commission website (1.39MB PDF). This new list of standards harmonised to the Machinery Directive supersedes all previous versions and has legal standing, unlike the lists published on the European Commission website that are only 'informative'. The information below has been extracted with care from the official list, but it remains the reader's responsibility to check the OJ list.
+++ STOP PRESS See also Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards, 5 April 2013 +++
New and updated standards and amendments published in the list for the first time are as below.
- EN 940:2009+A1:2012 Safety of woodworking machines - Combined woodworking machines, which supersedes EN 940:2009 on 31 August 2012
- EN 1034-8:2012 Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for the design and construction of paper making and finishing machines - Part 8: Refining plants
- EN 1034-16:2012 Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for the design and construction of paper making and finishing machines - Part 16: Paper and board making machines
- EN 1870-4:2012 Safety of woodworking machines - Circular sawing machines - Part 4: Multiblade rip sawing machines with manual loading and/or unloading, which supersedes EN 1870-4:2001+A1:2009 on 30 September 2012
- EN 1870-13:2007+A2:2012 Safety of woodworking machines - Circular sawing machines - Part 13: Horizontal beam panel sawing machines, which supersedes EN 1870-13:2007+A1:2009 on 30 September 2012
- EN 1870-14:2007+A2:2012 Safety of woodworking machines - Circular sawing machines - Part 14: Vertical panel sawing machines, which supersedes EN 1870-14:2007+A1:2009 on 30 September 2012
- EN ISO 3745:2012 Acoustics - Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise sources using sound pressure - Precision methods for anechoic rooms and hemi-anechoic rooms (ISO 3745:2012), which supersedes EN ISO 3745:2009 on 30 September 2012
- EN 13001-3-1:2012 Cranes - General Design - Part 3-1: Limit States and proof competence of steel structure
- EN 15949:2012 Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for bar mills, structural steel mills and wire rod mills
- EN 50580:2012 Safety of hand-held electric motor operated tools - Particular requirements for spray guns
- EN 60335-1:2012 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 1: General requirements. IEC 60335-1:2010 (Modified), which supersedes EN 60335-1:2002 and its amendments on 21 November 2014
Other recent changes to the list of Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards can be seen by following these links:
Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards - latest list (18 November 2011)
Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards - updated list (20 July 2011)
To keep up to date with further developments regarding Harmonised Standards for the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, subscribe to our free email newsletter. You may also like to request a copy of the FREE MachineBuilding.net Guide to the New Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.