Rittal’s new TopTherm Generation Blue e cooling units provide an energy efficient means of cooling enclosures and offer benefits that include a wide range of nominal cooling outputs, from 500–4000W; energy savings of up to 45 per cent – in ideal conditions up to 70 per cent – and intelligent Eco-Mode control for on demand energy usage.
As well as the reduced operating costs associated with greater energy efficiency, the Blue e cooling units also have the following benefits over the Basic variant:
- Larger enclosure internal temperature setpoint range, with a lower limit of 20degC
- Visualisation of enclosure internal temperature and error messages on a 7-segment display
- Up to 10 units may be connected in a master/slave configuration
- Switching hysteresis is adjustable in the range 2–10degC
- Parameters are easily adjusted using the exposed buttons; however, passcode protection restricts access and prevents accidental adjustment of parameters
- Improved monitoring, including high condensate level and dirty filter mat warnings
- Setting up and interrogation possible using the RiDiag II diagnostic software and may be incorporated into higher-level remote monitoring systems
A decision has been made to phase out the less-efficient cooling units with Basic controller by 31 December 2012. For further information about the new TopTherm Generation Blue e cooling units email , or visit the website at www.rittal.co.uk.