Parker Hannifin Corporation has changed the hose assembly replacement process for thousands of customers worldwide through its Parker Tracking System (PTS). With millions of recorded assets, PTS has become the premier choice for asset identification and tracking. Durable barcode labels attached to Parker hose assemblies and related products have made identifying and acquiring products faster, easier and more accurately than ever before.
Today Parker Hannifin is bringing the convenience and accessibility of this service to end users with the launch of PTS Mobile. With the growing demand for increased uptime and speed of service, PTS Mobile will enable users to initiate a replacement order directly at the point and time of need right from their smartphone.
By participating in the PTS programme, the system captures detailed asset information, including:
- Customer contact information
- Bill of material – hose, fittings, accessories, length, cleaning specifications, fitting orientation, lot number, custom instructions and more
- Application data – VIN, assembly date, system information, fluid and environmental data, installation location and more
- Replacement information and history
- Customised instructions for Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) activities
- File attachment storage for prints, certifications, photos and other documents
Using their mobile device’s camera to scan the barcode on the label, PTS will immediately verify the asset in our global database. Customers also have the option to manually enter the unique PTS ID number into the system. For products that are not tagged or hard to identify, customers can send a photo of the part to a distributor for identification assistance.
After identifying the product, PTS Mobile asks customers to confirm the results before locating a distributor based on ZIP code or GPS data. An email containing the assembly details is generated by the app which is then sent to the selected distributor for quoting and processing.
PTS Mobile will be available at no charge in both the Apple App Store and Android Marketplace. For further information please go to www.parker.com/pts.