Belden Inc. will at this year’s Hanover Fair showcase its range of networking, cabling and connectivity products for mission-critical applications in alternative energy, safe railway transport systems and reliable energy-efficient data centre management, as well as options for wireless networking and connectivity.
During the show Belden, located in hall 9 booth D24, will highlight a number of systems for challenging applications, using products from its Belden, Hirschmann and Lumberg Automation branded ranges.
A key focus will be the Smart Factory. Aligned with Industry 4.0, the Smart Factory initiative sets out to create fully flexible production lines. This makes it possible to produce unlimited variations of models on the same line. To do so effectively requires smarter machines, able to adapt immediately to changed requirements and communicate with each other throughout the value stream. The fair will feature a live demo production line to show how the company’s modules respond as changes occur during production.
Visitors to the Belden booth D24 in Hall 9 will also be able to learn more about the company’s latest products. These include:
- HiLCOS 8.9 – the latest version of WLAN firmware to manage Hirschmann’s highly successful range of OpenBAT industrial wireless devices. As an industry first it incorporates Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) technology into a wireless product. Key benefits include increased reliability, savings on hardware as well as faster and easier management
- BAT Planner pro – new professional planning software for the design and simulation of wireless networks based on the 802.11 standard. It is a new easy-to use design tool that goes beyond the well-established Hirschmann BAT Planner – adding new functionalities and levels of support. Key benefits include improved efficiency, cost and time savings and better planning for increased network uptime
- SPIDER II 16TX EEC and SPIDER II 16TX/2DS-S EE – new entry-level switches to enable economic data communications in harsh or potentially hazardous industrial environments. The strong metal housing, extra-wide operating temperature range, redundant power supply, ATEX and ISA 12.12.01 certifications guarantee a high level of reliability. Key benefits include 16 Fast Ethernet ports per switch for a highly competitive price per port; Maximum flexibility provided by dual-speed optical uplinks for Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet SFP transceivers;Wide range of applications, due to the robust design and approvals for use in potentially hazardous areas
- DataTuff Industrial Ethernet Cables and Connectivity – best fit for all Industrial Ethernet applications. Designed and manufactured for use in harsh and/or extreme environments, the exceptionally robust Belden DataTuff Industrial Ethernet cable and connectivity range is able to guarantee high levels of reliability, quality and performance. Key benefits include system reliability thanks to robust design and wide range of options from a single source supplier to ensure flexibility
- Passive Rugged Distribution Boxes ASB-R – new rugged distribution boxes from Lumberg Automation, designed to withstand shavings, welding sparks, aggressive coolants, and lubricants, as well as shock and vibration. Available in more than 20 versions, these distribution boxes permit reliable connections to actuators and sensors, even in the most demanding environments. Key benefits are reduced machine downtime and improved machine uptime, fast and easy installation, saving time, and minimum maintenance and space requirements, saving costs
- LioN-R Profibus Modules – new robust I/O Network-Ruggedised (LioN-R) modules from Lumberg Automation that allow actuators and sensors to be connected reliably to controllers via PROFIBUS-DP. Key benefits include increased productivity of machines and systems, functional reliability, reduced time and effort required for installation, maintenance and storage
- Belden RailTuff CAT 7 Ethernet Data Cable – designed specifically for the passenger railway market. This 10GB/s high-performance cable BE 43802 offers greater bandwidth for growing data volumes and future applications. The halogen-free flame and oil-resistant cable is a particularly safe option for use in passenger railway systems thanks to its exceptional heat resistance. Key benefits include passenger safety and operational efficiency
In a world moving toward interoperability, visibility is vital to operators as they face increasing demands to receive, analyse and share data. Belden’s industrial connectivity products aim to address these needs head on. With more connected machines, increasing data volumes and productivity demands at an all-time high, customers in challenging environments can count on Belden cable, Lumberg Automation and Hirschmann industrial connectors for a complete communications infrastructure designed to last.
To learn more about networking, cabling and connectivity products from Belden, visit the company at hall 9 booth D24, Hanover Fair 2014, 7-11 April 2014, or go to their website at www.belden.com.