Lee Spring is promoting its in-depth engineering assistance for customers requiring specialist springs, and also its custom design and manufacturing capability. This is in addition to the company's extensive range of high-quality, off-the-shelf standard spring products.
Spring design and manufacture is highly specialised, and not something that can be provided reliably by, for example, typical small engineering workshops. Getting the design right is vital if custom springs are to be manufactured in small or large quantities and perform as intended.
Lee Spring has around 20 spring design engineers, with a combined total of 200 years of experience, and has been manufacturing custom springs and wire forms since 1918. The resultant depth and breadth of experience and expertise, in both design and manufacture, ensures that both spring designs and manufactured components are of the highest standard.
Customers can make contact by telephone or send an email or drawing to start a project consultation. Whatever the application, location or quantity needed, the timescales of most projects can be met.
What support does Lee Spring offer?
- Working as part of the customer's project team from start to finish
- CAD-assisted product design, drawing and modelling
- In-house prototyping services
- Extensive up-to-date experience of working with a wide range of applications including aerospace/defence, automotive, oil and gas, and medical sectors
What technical expertise does Lee Spring offer?
- Design initiation
- Raw material recommendation
- Configuration (form)
- Tolerances (fit)
- Performance (function) loads/life
- Design validation
- Proof of concept
Lee Spring can design and manufacture a virtually unlimited variety of spring configurations and specifications:
- Compression and extension wire diameter range: 0.002–0.624inch
- Torsion wire diameter range: 0.002–0.624inch
A wide range of alloys is available, including:
- Stainless steel 17-7 and 316
- Phosphor bronze
- Inconel 600, 718 and x750
- Beryllium copper
Customers can email the company a drawing of their design idea direct to the dedicated custom spring design email address: . Alternatively they can telephone direct on +44 (0)118 978 1800. Other information, to make ordering and specifying easier, is available on the company website at www.leespring.co.uk.
The new Lee Spring catalogue is available to order online. For more information about engineering assistance and custom design and manufacturing, visit www.leespring.co.uk.