Belden Inc. is introducing an EMEA-wide certification program to help ensure that customers’ industrial networks are reliable, adaptable and able to support growing control and information needs.
Belden is the first company in the industry to offer managers looking to install a new or significantly upgraded network a fully Certified Industrial Network Program to support and guide the process. Then, unlike ad hoc networks with partial product warranties, Belden certifies entire industrial networks, providing peace-of-mind and minimised downtime through enhanced warranties and dedicated customer support.
Carlos Prada, director Competence Center EMEA at Belden, says: “We are here to help customers get their network infrastructure right the first time, with room to grow and a full support system behind them. Only networks that meet our strict design standards, with positive test results, are certified.
“Certifying entire industrial networks is new to the market and Belden, with its deep manufacturing expertise and breadth of product offerings, is well positioned to deliver this service. What stands out with the program is the flexibility to allow customers to change and evolve their networks over time.”
The program provides several key benefits:
- Dual expertise and counsel: Belden partners with top system integrators in the industry – training them on best practices in network design, installation and testing – to provide “Belden Certified” networks. At each step of the certification process, two sets of experts – Belden and an authorised provider – work to meet operational requirements and minimise areas of risk
- Flexibility for the future: Knowing that networks need to continue evolving to meet changing needs, Belden designs with room for growth in mind. This includes expansion guidelines for customers to make changes on their own, while retaining Belden Certified status
- Confidence for decades: Instead of a limited warranty on individual components, a Belden Certified network includes a limited lifetime warranty on networking components such as switches, significantly lowering the total cost of ownership. In addition, Belden cable and connectivity product warranties are extended from 2–3 years to 25 years
- Products that work: As a provider of cable, connectivity, networking and security products, from Hirschmann, GarrettCom, Lumberg and Tofino Security, Belden can certify and guarantee an entire network of products for decades to come
- Personalised customer service: For those with Belden Certified networks, a dedicated team is on call to offer advice and assistance. With infrastructure design and test results on file, Belden can isolate any problems and get networks back up and running quickly
Belden has trained and qualified its first group of industrial network providers to design, install, configure and test companies’ new or expanded industrial Ethernet infrastructures. These accredited companies can now offer Belden Certified industrial networks to manufacturers and process control operators, ensuring network infrastructures that are built to high standards and backed by Belden’s expertise and warranties.
Prada says: “Using one of our trained industrial providers to design and implement a Belden Certified network is a way for companies to ensure that their control and information networks are reliable, adaptable, secure and invisible. The feedback we’ve received from our trained industrial network providers has been outstanding. We look forward to working with them and our customers to offer Belden Certified networks – today, and 25 years from now.”
For more information on the certification program, visit www.beldensolutions.com.