Mouser Electronics Inc. is announcing that it grew by 41 per cent in Europe during the calendar year January to December 2014. This figure, believes Graham Maggs, Director Marketing, EMEA, is several times larger than any other distributor with European revenues of over $200M, including all the other companies in Europe’s top ten.
He comments: “A few years ago when we announced growth figures of this scale I felt it was just because we had started from a low base. Now we are a very significant player in Europe – well inside the top ten – with sales well in excess of $200M. So it is much harder to achieve such massive growth.”
During 2014, Mouser also grew its customer base by 28 per cent in Europe, and 53 per cent of the company’s sales were in semiconductors. Globally, Mouser grew by 28 per cent; Europe now accounts for 26 per cent of the company’s sales.
Mouser believes that there are a number of reasons why it has been so successful, and it will highlight these at the Embedded World event 24-26 February, Nuremberg Messe, Germany:
- Focus on the Design Engineer and the Design, Development & Prototype phase
- Widest selection of the newest products & technologies
- Huge information resource to speed design
- Widest range and immediate availability of development kits
- Free MultiSIM BLUE, advanced circuit simulation and integrated PCB design & BOM tool
- Nine local European offices providing local language, local culture and personal customer services
As well as demoing MultiSIM BLUE and hosting presentations from key manufactures featuring key demos, Mouser will also give away a large number of low-cost development kits to Embedded World visitors. Visitors can also enter to win higher value development kits; this competition is also available online, see details at www.mouser.com/embeddedworld. Visit the company at Booth 4A-101 24-26th February, Nuremburg, Germany.