Pilz is hosting a free Machinery Safety Seminar with a focus on the food, beverage and tobacco industries. This takes place on 5 November 2015, from 09:00 to 16:30, at the Chesford Grange Hotel, Kenilworth, Coventry.
The one-day food, beverage and tobacco machinery safety seminar will cover a wide range of topics including the following:
- Legislative framework affecting OEMs and end users
- Standards and Directives including EN ISO 14119, with an introduction to C standards
- A practical example of a complete safety solution for a packaging machine, including: application of EN 415 packaging machine standards; risk assessment and safety concept; requirements for use of light curtains; and verification and validation of safety functions
- Mechatronic approach to implementing safety requirements with a Pilz PSS 4000
- Technology innovations
- Pilz safety services and training courses
David Collier CMSE comments "This seminar is designed for engineers and health and safety staff, with the aim to provide a practical example of how a typical end-of-line packaging machine could be risk assessed and made safe."
The event will be run by a selection of Pilz machinery safety experts from the safety services, motion control, and safety and automation solutions team, all of whom will be on hand throughout the day to discuss any applications or questions that delegates may have.
There will also be an opportunity to get to grips with some of the latest hardware and software from Pilz, including the PNOZmulti 2 configurable control system, the PSS 4000 programmable Safety PLC, configurable light curtains and the associated configurator software. The PAScal Safety Calculator will also be demonstrated, showing delegates how to calculate safety functions in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 or EN 62061.
For more information or to book your place email or telephone +44 (0)1536 460766 (please mention MachineBuilding.net).