5S is widely used to define individual workplace layouts, but its true power is in the creation of synchronicity between shop floor processes including:
- Planning, booking in, kitting and material control;
- Workplace layout, organisation, flow and productivity;
- Rapid customer order fulfilment cycles;
- QA checks, in-process testing/auditing;
- Training of personnel including temporary workers/agency staff.
LG Motion, in conjunction with DAK Academy, is hosting a half-day workshop that will provide an overview of:
- The theory and practice of developing synchronous workplace processes;
- Process steps to engage those in the work place with the systematic evolution of better ways of working - an essential enabler to high-performance teamwork.
The workshop also includes practical workplace fixture design activities using MiniTec aluminium profile shop floor 'furniture' to experiment with different layout options.
Who should attend?
This 5S and Workplace Synchronicity workshop is suitable for managers, team leaders and change agents tasked with the reduction of shop floor waste and non-value-added activities through the engagement of shop floor personnel.
- Where: LG Motion, Basingstoke, Hampshire. RG21 6YU
- When: 18 February 2016
- Time: 10:00 - 14:00
- Cost: £100 + VAT (includes all course materials, refreshments and lunch)
To book places Telephone +44 (0)1491 845504 or email , or follow the link to view a course brochure and see more details about this workshop.