The School of Engineering at Manchester Metropolitan University is PI UK’s accredited PI Competence Centre (PICC). Anyone with an interest in Profinet or Profibus is welcome to attend a presentation of the level 5 students’ Professional Design and Practice projects that they will be presenting in a poster and stand format on 29 March 2019. This year the students have been working on many projects including:
- Triangulum (Umar Raza) – Smart cities
- Kindus (Umar Raza) – RFID and sensor solutions in pharmaceuticals
- Unipart Rail (Christopher Johnson) – smart lamp design
- Alstom Rail (Christopher Johnson) – pantograph design
- Pharmta (Umar Raza) – smart systems in pharmaceuticals
- GMCA/Arup (Lisa Simmons) – engineering solutions to homelessness
- EWB (Lisa Simmons) – engineering solutions for developing countries
The format for the event is as follows:
- Registration and welcome lunch: 12–12.30pm
- Introduction and Welcome from Head of School: 12.35–12.45pm
- Invitation to collaborate on undergraduate, postgraduate and research projects: 12.45–1pm
- View of students’ work: 1–3pm
MMU has had considerable success in undergraduate projects leading into Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs), and are always interested in meeting new partners from industry in order to explore the potential for further projects.
If you would like to attend the Professional Design and Practice projects presentation, please contact MMU directly at .