Automation Supplies Ltd is now offering the Sanki Fric Touch conveyor system in the UK. The Fric Touch (FT) range of conveyors have a patented drive system that eradicates all of the common problems associated with conventionally driven belt conveyors. The belt drive consists of a spring-tensioned driven wheel system manufactured with a special formula material. The wheels are therefore tensioned against the underside of the belt and provide a direct drive. This method of driving eradicates the need for tensioning and tracking, which vastly increases belt life; it is not unusual to see standard belts lasting between 3-5 years.
Each belt is fitted with a centrally positioned true-tracking guide that stops the belt from deviating. The drive unit can be completely separated from the frame, making belt changing a very easy and quick task.
Innovative features for the FT conveyors include:
- No sprocket or chain
- No driven roller
- No tension or tracking adjustment
- Belt runs at virtually no tension therefore no belt stretch occurs
- Can run with belt width equal to frame width
- Can run with belt width greater than frame width
- Can create right-angled transfers with no gap or dead plate
- Drive and legs all within frame, producing ultra-slim conveyor
There are also FT conveyor bends and telescoping conveyor versions available.
Automation Supplies Ltd is a new company offering a range of exciting new engineered products from one source, based on the popular and increasing use of established, cost-effective modular parts and assemblies. The Fric Touch (FT) conveyor is one such example.