New MPG grippers from Schunk are being launched for assembly automation applications with smaller sizes, namely 10, 12 and 16, making the grippers suitable for handling small parts.
Even though the gripper is no bigger than a fingernail, the stroke position can be monitored by sensors. Normally position monitoring for small grippers is difficult, but it can be done in this case with inductive sensors (diameter 3 or 4mm).
The new sizes are distinguished, just like all MPG grippers, by very low internal friction. This ensures smooth actuation of the gripper, hence increasing tool life – precise guidance and gripping are assured.
- Family of component grippers available in particularly small sizes
- Round position as well as inclined pull gear with base jaws that move next to each other in opposite directions
- Direct air supply without hoses is possible
- Flexible mounting options on two sides in three connection directions
Basic technical data
- Stroke per jaw: 1-1.5mm
- Gripping force: 7-27N
- Maximum finger length: 10-16mm
- Weight: 0.008-0.025kg