Orbitform's versatile Model B-310 fastening station delivers power with precision. Available with real-time process monitoring and process control, the machine orbitally forms parts up to 7.92mm (0.312in) in diameter or an equivalent area in tube, square or other form.
Typical cycle time is less than three seconds for everything from mild steel to hardened metals. Aluminium, brass, bronze, copper, lead, zinc and stainless steel are just some of the materials suited to this process, as are composite plastics.
The B-310 is designed to be cost-effective for high-volume applications. Tool stroke is adjustable from 1.52-44.45mm (0.06-1.75in) in 0.03mm (0.001in) increments. Standard throat depth is 6in (152.4mm). Maximum downward force is 9430N (2120 lb) when operating with compressed air at a pressure of 6.9bar (100psi).
The Model B-310 is available with numerous options:
- Programmable cycle time and headforming pressure
- Vertical head height adjustment of 165mm (6.50in)
- Convenient touch screen with pushbutton on/off and emergency stop
- Advance and return limit switches
- Dual palm button anti-tie-down actuation (foot switch with safety probe available)
- Adjustable digital dwell timer (0-99 seconds)
- Cycle counter (eight digit with reset)
- Pressure differential process control to form to a prescribed clamp load
- Programmable z axis to vary stroke
Easy to set-up and maintain, the B-310 can be used in fully- or semi-automatic mode. Orbitform's B-310 orbital riveting machine is designed for rugged assembly environments and years of trouble-free work.