Launched in March 2019, CompAir's 90-132kW oil-lubricated compressors already boasted excellent efficiency, boasting a 6 per cent improvement over previous models. Now, thanks to advanced engineering from the research centre for airend technology based in the Simmern production site in Germany, the new airend's energy efficiency has been improved by a further 3.5 per cent.
The GD8 airend benefits from optimised dimensions for the rotor's profile, an optimised casting and fixtures, as well as reduced gaps to ensure a low rotational speed and minimal energy consumption. These improvements have further increased efficiency, as well as cutting costs and guaranteeing excellent performance.
The improved efficiency means CompAir's standard machines are now even more competitive, offering customers additional savings with no additional cost. This range of oil-free screw compressors remains the same price and CompAir calculates that its new airend could save energy and offer customers additional savings of up to EUR4000 per year year in the case of an L132kW model operating at 7.5bar.
When customers purchase a CompAir oil-lubricated screw air compressor they benefit from the premium energy efficiency that this new airend delivers, alongside a whole host of other efficiencies the screw compressor range from 90 to 132 kW has to offer, including:
- Integrated oil filter and oil regulation design to further eliminate the risk of condensate and corrosion, as well as ensuring the oil in the system remains of high quality
- Highly efficient electric motor
- Larger surface after cooler for optimum cooling to ensure low operating temperatures
- iConn equipped as standard on the new L-Series, allowing for in-depth real-time monitoring to detect anomalies in the compressed air system
- Wide range of options available delivering up to 80 per cent additional energy savings, such as integrated heat recovery units
Engineers at the Simmern Centre of Excellence are continuously endeavouring to improve CompAir's air compressor efficiency, performance and reliability. Investment in Simmern keeps CompAir at the forefront of industry innovation, providing a vast platform for continuous improvement.
Additionally, all CompAir systems and airends are covered by one of the industry's most generous warranties, providing 10 years of coverage for total peace of mind.
If you are looking for more information about energy efficiencies, CompAir's improved airend or the range of lubricated screw air compressor, follow the link to the CompAir website.