Trio Motion Technology's new P876 EtherCAT master module enables the Trio MC464 Motion Coordinator for motion and machine control to enter a very exclusive club offering an independent, standalone EtherCAT master for motion control; this arrangement enables up to 64 axes of any manufacturers' EtherCAT-compatible drives and motors - or other devices - to be controlled.
Every axis can be programmed to move using linear, circular or helical interpolation, electronic cams and gearboxes. Features include support for merging multiple moves that are typically generated by CAD/CAM software, plus support is provided for continuously rotating machinery. EtherCAT also offers the major advantage of high-precision device synchronisation.
Specifications and features for the P876 EtherCAT master module include:
- Network speed of 100Mbps
- Star/hub/chain topology
- Maximum 64 slaves per interface ring
- Maximum seven interfaces per MC464
- Maximum 64 axes per MC464
- Optically isolated registration inputs
- Eight registration inputs repeatable to 100ns per module
- Position set point update 0.125ms
- Four LED status indicators
- Drive parameters may be set from the controller