igus has launched the drylin Q square linear guides with adjustable clearance, inherent torque resistance and the option of a clamp screw to lock the carriage in position on the hard-anodised 20x20mm aluminium profile. Each QWE carriage is equipped with T-slots on all four sides for easy integration with other components, and eight T-slots nuts are included with each carriage. The gliding elements within the carriage are moulded from iglidur J, a high-performance, self-lubricating polymer bearing material that offers low friction and long life, and never needs relubricating.
To complement the carriage and square-section guide profile, igus also offers accessories such as:
- Support brackets moulded from high-performance polymer
- Short bearing housings machined from anodised aluminium and incorporating moulded polymer bearings
- Round or square flanged bearing housings machined from anodised aluminium and incorporating moulded polymer bearings
Ultra-compact square-section linear guides
Taking the concept a step further, igus has also developed a smaller version of the square linear guide based on a 7.5x7.5mm hollow section aluminium profile. Accessories available for the compact Q10 variant include:
- Plastic and aluminium support blocks
- Compact, lightweight bearings moulded entirely from iglidur J
- An adapter kit for sensors, grippers or other components
- An end connection for linking directly to E2 micro energy chains
- Flanged bearing housings machined from anodised aluminium and incorporating moulded polymer bearings
- Compact, lightweight bearings moulded entirely from iglidur J bearing material and with the option of a manual clamp
Typical applications for the igus drylin Q square linear guides include laboratory equipment or compact, lightweight systems where there is a need for cost-effective linear guidance with inherent torque resistance, particularly if dry-running is also beneficial. Both sizes feature a hollow-section guide profile, so cables or pneumatic lines can be fed through and protected.
Follow the link for more information about the igus drylin Q square linear guides.