TE Connectivity is launching a Field Installable version of its Industrial Mini I/O connector that can save time when terminating wires for industrial I/O applications where space is limited.
TE's Industrial Mini I/O connectors are said to be one-quarter the size of the conventional RJ45 plug and, as a result, enable PCB space to be used more effectively. Designed with two points of contact, these connectors are built for the stringent demands of industrial and high-vibration environments, enabling increased productivity through reliable connections. With their innovative piercing termination, the Mini I/O Field Installable connectors reduce the time usually needed to terminate wires through soldering and, with an easy-to-use hand tool, field assembly in virtually any environment is now possible.
Key benefits of the Mini I/O Field Installable version are:
- Innovative and time-saving wire-termination
- Reliable connections in industrial and vibration-prone environments
- Space-saving design that allows for increased application flexibility
- Available in different versions for multiple applications
- Intermateable with receptacles in different configurations (TMT, SMT, straight and right-angle)
Eric Leijtens, the product management lead for TE's field connectivity business, comments: "We are excited to extend our Industrial Mini I/O connector range to now include a field installable version that brings the space saving and reliability to applications where quick and easy installation is key."
Follow the link for more information about the field installable Industrial Mini I/O connector.