NI is announcing VirtualBench, an all-in-one instrument that integrates the following:
- A 100MHz mixed-signal oscilloscope
- 5.5-digit digital multimeter
- 20MHz function generator
- Programmable DC power supply
- Eight digital I/O channels
Engineers interact with the VirtualBench through software applications that run on PCs or iPads, enjoying an innovative test equipment experience. Providing the most common functionality, affordably, the all-in-one device offers new efficiencies and possibilities for engineers who use benchtop test equipment.
Russell Stanphil, an Electronics Advisor at TechShop, says: "Before, I did not have the room or budget to buy a full setup for each bench. I can now park one laptop and a VirtualBench on each seat, replacing four to five boxes."
Because VirtualBench uses today's consumer computing platforms, engineers and scientists can take advantage of technologies such as multitouch displays, multicore processors, wireless connectivity and intuitive interfaces. The simplification and increased capability through software leads to more efficient circuit debugging and validation.
Chad Chesney, Director of Data Acquisition Marketing at NI, says: "We are building on what NI does best, which is our software-based approach to test and measurement. VirtualBench's software user experience is more intuitive, creating efficiencies that go above and beyond simply having these five devices in a single device."
- Takes up minimal space on a desktop or benchtop
- Simplifies instrument configuration through consistent, user-friendly interfaces
- Offers new capability and convenience with a consolidated view of multiple instruments, visualisation on larger displays and quick functionality to save data and screenshots
- Integrates seamlessly with LabVIEW system design software
To learn more about VirtualBench, which NI describes as a radically practical approach to instrumentation, go to www.ni.com/virtualbench.