Avago Technologies is announcing a new series of 3-channel reflective optical encoder devices, the AEDR-87xx. The devices are suitable for use in low-power miniaturised motion control systems such as stepper motors, electrical actuators, piezoelectric drives and portable medical appliances.
Expanding upon previous generation devices, the new AEDR-87xx with encoding resolution up to 318 lines per inch (LPI) supports 3.3V and 5V supply voltage for low-power applications and dual analogue outputs interfacing directly with external interpolator for high-precision motion control measurements. The devices are packaged in industry’s smallest form factor for 3-channel reflective optical encoder.
- 3 Channel Outputs Including One Index Digital Output
- Dual Channel Digital Outputs (AEDR-871x)
- Dual Channel Analogue Outputs (AEDR-872x)
- Built-in Interpolator for 4×, 8× and 16× Interpolation (AEDR-871x)
- Built-in Automatic LED Current Regulation
- Encoding Resolution: 318 LPI (up to 1.25um pitch)
- Power Supply Voltage: 3.3 or 5V (AEDR-871x), 5 V (AEDR-872x)
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 to +85degC
- Compact Size: 3.95mm (L) × 3.4mm (W) × 0.956mm (H)
Hassan Hussain, vice president and general manager of the Motion Control Product Division (MCPD) at Avago, says: “Reflective optical encoder technology is vital to many miniaturized motion control systems. As modern appliances get smaller in size and consume less power, so too are the critical components such as a motion control encoder embedded inside many of these appliances. Avago’s latest AEDR-87xx is the best-in-class reflective optical encoder solution with added flexibility addressing a wide range of design challenges for modern miniaturised motion control systems.”
Samples and production quantities are available now through Avago’s direct sales channel and worldwide distribution partners. More information about Avago´s products, including the new series of 3-channel reflective optical encoder devices, can be found at www.avagotech.com.