NI is announcing the CompactDAQ 4-slot controller. By integrating the processor, signal conditioning and I/O into a single CompactDAQ system, engineers and scientists can reduce overall system cost and complexity while increasing measurement accuracy. Integrated measurement systems reduce the number of components, connections and wiring needed, where noise and additional costs are often introduced, to ensure high-accuracy measurements and cost-optimised systems.
Ryan Ewart, Mechatronics Engineer at Yanos Aerospace, says: “Because the CompactDAQ controller is a stand-alone device, we don’t have to spend money on a separate computer, signal conditioning or cabling. Using the CompactDAQ platform, we’ve reduced system complexity, cost and installation time.”
The CompactDAQ controller features an Intel Atom dual-core processor that can run either industry-standard Windows Embedded 7 or NI Linux Real-Time for ultimate system reliability. By pairing industry-standard OS options with LabVIEW system design software, customers can easily port LabVIEW code from existing measurement systems to these new CompactDAQ controllers. Engineers and scientists can combine LabVIEW and over 60 sensor-specific I/O modules for CompactDAQ to quickly customise data acquisition systems to meet their specific application needs.
Stefanie Breyer, Director of Data Acquisition R&D at NI, says: “We designed this next-generation CompactDAQ controller based on customer feedback, making it smaller, less expensive and more rugged. By leveraging the latest Intel Atom 3800 processor within the controller, our customers can deploy powerful processing paired with high-accuracy measurements anywhere.”Key features:
- Integrated Intel Atom Dual-Core Processor: Reduce system cost and take your measurement system anywhere by having an integrated processor built into the measurement system
- Removable SD Storage: Forget about data storage limits with hot-swappable, removable SD storage
- Integrated CAN/LIN Port: Cut costs by taking advantage of the built-in CAN/LIN port
- Four C Series Module Slots: Mix and match a variety of I/O types, including AI, AO and DIO to meet your specific application needs
- Rugged Form Factor: Take measurements in high shock and vibration environments as well as temperatures ranging from -40degC to 70degC
To learn more about the CompactDAQ 4-slot controller, visit ni.com/compactdaq/controllers.