NI is announcing a compact system for high-speed vision applications. The NI CVS-1459RT is a small, rugged vision system with a quad-core Intel Atom processor and two dedicated USB 3.0 ports for USB3 Vision cameras.
Robert Eastlund, Vice President of Sales for Graftek Imaging Inc, says: “The NI Compact Vision System is my go-to solution for vision applications where reliability and uptime are key. Now I can leverage the easy connectivity and high throughput of USB3 while taking advantage of new features for high-performance processing and HMI integration. The NI CVS-1459RT enables high-resolution, high-speed industrial vision solutions.”
The NI CVS-1459RT is programmed with either LabVIEW system design software or Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (AI). Engineers have the option of using LabVIEW FPGA to further customise the FPGA-enabled I/O and tightly synchronise vision inspection results with other parts of industrial systems, such as encoders and proximity sensors.
NI’s CVS-1459RT is based on the LabVIEW reconfigurable I/O (RIO) architecture, an integral part of the NI graphical system design platform. A modern approach to designing, prototyping and deploying embedded monitoring and control systems, graphical system design combines the open LabVIEW programming environment with commercial off-the-shelf hardware to simplify development so engineers can combine powerful vision tools, I/O, industrial communication, data logging and human machine interfaces (HMIs) into a single environment.
- The rugged form factor is suitable for industrial applications up to 55degC
- Synchronisation with automation devices for camera and lighting triggering via onboard industrial I/O
- High-bandwidth camera interface with dual USB 3.0 ports for compatibility with low-cost USB3 Vision cameras; ability to use ports with peripherals such as external storage for logging data
- Processing power with quad-core Intel Atom processor and 64-bit NI Linux Real-Time OS
- Board-level versions available for OEM applications
Please follow the link for more information on the NI CVS-1459RT vision system.