Omron's NB HMI series now support the Omron G9SP Programmable Safety Controller, providing machine builders with a new option that is said to be feature-rich and cost-effective compared with other low-I/O safety controllers.
The NB HMI series can be directly connected to Omron's G9SP Safety Controller via serial communications. Direct connection enables users to view the operational status and see details of errors monitored by the G9SP controller, all of which contributes to reduced machine downtime. Users can see graphically where in the machine a safety error has occurred - for example, a door that is not closed or a switch that is broken.
Omron's G9SP Programmable Safety Controller can process both safety and standard I/O, which would typically require multiple controllers from other control suppliers. Some safety controllers only process safety I/O and require a separate network unit to connect to an HMI, which adds extra cost and increases space requirements. In contrast, the G9SP Programmable Safety Controller enables machine builders and system integrators to consolidate their safety and low-I/O applications within one controller and one HMI.
The NB HMI series are available in sizes from 3.5inch to a 10inch-wide, with TFT colour touch screens, long-life LED backlighting and a wide viewing angle, which brings increased functionality and usability that is well suited to the needs of small and medium-sized machines.
Omron G9SP support is provided by the free-of-charge NB-Designer software, version 1.32 or later.
NB HMI models:
- NB3Q-TW00B - NB HMI, 3.5inch TFT LED, one serial, USB slave
- NB3Q-TW01B - NB HMI, 3.5inch TFT LED, one serial, Ethernet, USB USB host and slave
- NB5Q-TW00B - NB HMI, 5.6inch TFT LED, two serial, USB slave
- NB5Q-TW01B - NB HMI, 5.6inch TFT LED, two serial, Ethernet, USB host and slave
- NB7W-TW00B - NB HMI, 7inch wide TFT LED, two serial, USB slave
- NB7W-TW01B - NB HMI, 7inch wide TFT LED, two serial, Ethernet, USB USB host and slave
- NB10W-TW01B - NB HMI, 10.1inch wide TFT LED, two serial, Ethernet, USB USB host and slave
G9SP controller models:
- G9SP-N10D - G9SP controller, 10 safety inputs, six test outputs, 16 safety outputs
- G9SP-N10S - G9SP controller, 10 safety inputs, four test outputs, four safety outputs
- G9SP-N20S - G9SP controller, 20 safety inputs, six test outputs, eight safety outputs
- CP1W-CIF01 - RS-232C optional board; required for serial communication