NI is announcing a new, high-performance model of VirtualBench. The software-based VirtualBench all-in-one instrument combines a mixed-signal oscilloscope, function generator, digital multimeter, programmable DC power supply and digital I/O. With 350MHz of bandwidth, four analogue channels and Ethernet connectivity, the new version of VirtualBench offers increased functionality for engineers characterising and debugging new designs or automated test systems.
Stefanie Breyer, Vice President of R&D, Data Acquisition at NI, says: “Since we introduced VirtualBench to the marketplace, its versatility and practicality have created considerable efficiencies for users. With this next iteration, we incorporated greater performance and more features that open up even more possibilities for engineers interacting with benchtop test equipment.”
Users still interact with VirtualBench through free upgradable software applications that run on PCs or iPads for an easy, unified software experience for all five instruments. Because VirtualBench uses today’s consumer computing platforms, engineers and scientists interact with their instruments using multitouch displays, multicore processors, wireless connectivity and intuitive interfaces for increased productivity. Simplification and increased capability through software leads to more efficient circuit debugging and validation.
- Enhanced mixed-signal oscilloscope with protocol analysis delivers 350MHz of bandwidth and four analogue channels for higher performance interactive test
- Higher wattage programmable DC power supply with up to 3A for the 6V output channel and up to 1A for the 25V and -25V channels for higher current applications
- Convenient, unified view of all five instruments, visualisation on larger displays and quick functionality to save data and screenshots
- Ethernet connectivity in addition to USB and WiFi compatibility for distributed measurements
- Integrates seamlessly with LabVIEW system design software
To learn more about VirtualBench, visit www.ni.com/virtualbench.