A list of Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards was published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) on 24 August 2012. These Harmonised standards provide a presumption of conformity to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. The list can be downloaded from the European Commission website (1.39MB PDF). This list of standards harmonised to the Machinery Directive supersedes all previous versions and has legal standing, unlike the lists published on the European Commission website that are only 'informative'. The information below has been extracted with care from the official list, but it remains the reader's responsibility to check the OJ list via the link above.
+++ STOP PRESS See also Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards, 11 July 2014 +++
New and updated standards and amendments published in the list for the first time are as below.
- EN 303-5:2012 Heating boilers - Part 5: Heating boilers for solid fuels, manually and automatically stoked, nominal heat output of up to 500 kW - Terminology, requirements, testing and marking
- EN 378-2:2008+A2:2012 Refrigerating systems and heat pumps - Safety and environmental requirements - Part 2: Design, construction, testing, marking and documentation, which supersedes EN 378-2:2008+A1:2009 on 30 November 2012
- EN 859:2007+A2:2012 Safety of woodworking machines - Hand fed surface planing machines, which supersedes EN 859:2007+A1:2009 on 31 December 2012
- EN 860:2007+A2:2012 Safety of woodworking machines - One side thickness planing machines, which supersedes EN 860:2007+A1:2009 on 31 December 2012
- EN 861:2007+A2:2012 Safety of woodworking machines - Surface planing and thicknessing machines, which supersedes EN 861:2007+A1:2009 on 31 December 2012
- EN 1034-26:2012 Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for the design and construction of paper making and finishing machines - Part 26: Roll packaging machines
- EN 1554:2012 Conveyor belts - Drum friction testing
- EN ISO 4254-12:2012 Agricultural machinery - Safety - Part 12: Rotary disc and drum mowers and flail mowers (ISO 4254-12:2012), which supersedes EN 745:1999+A1:2009 on 31 December 2012
- EN ISO 11148-1:2011 Hand-held non-electric power tools - Safety requirements - Part 1: Assembly power tools for non-threaded mechanical fasteners (ISO 11148-1:2011); this supersedes EN 792-1:2000+A1:2008, which expired on 30 June 2012
- EN 12999:2011+A1:2012 Cranes - Loader cranes, which supersedes EN 12999:2011 on 31 December 2012
- EN 13204:2004+A1:2012 Double acting hydraulic rescue tools for fire and rescue service use - Safety and performance requirements
- EN 13617-1:2012 Petrol filling stations - Part 1: Safety requirements for construction and performance of metering pumps, dispensers and remote pumping units, which supersedes EN 13617-1:2004+A1:2009 on 30 November 2012
- EN 13951:2012 Liquid pumps - Safety requirements - Agrifoodstuffs equipment; Design rules to ensure hygiene in use, which supersedes EN 13951:2003+A1:2008 on 31 October 2012
- EN 15830:2012 Rough-terrain variable reach trucks - Visibility - Test methods and verification
- EN 15861:2012 Food processing machinery - Smokehouses - Safety and hygiene requirements
- EN 16029:2012 Ride-on, motorized vehicles intended for the transportation of persons and not intended for use on public roads - Single-track two-wheel motor vehicles - Safety requirements and test methods
- EN ISO 23125:2010/A1:2012 Machine tools - Safety - Turning machines (ISO 23125:2010), which supersedes EN ISO 23125:2010 on 31 October 2012
Previous changes to Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards
Since 2011 MachineBuilding.net has analysed each new list of Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) and summarised the changes and additions. These previous changes to the Harmonised Standards can be seen by following this link:
Future changes to Machinery Directive Harmonised Standards:
To keep up to date with further developments regarding Harmonised Standards for the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, subscribe to our free email newsletter. You may also like to request a copy of the FREE MachineBuilding.net Guide to the New Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.