Danfoss has developed a new online tool to calculate your energy efficiency class and part load loss for your frequency convertor and motor-frequency convertor system. Moreover, you can use VLT ecoSmart to create a report you can use as documentation – it is easy and free of charge.
In order to reduce energy consumption and the climate impact, the EU has established a number of requirements for energy-related products; the Ecodesign directive, which helps to ensure that the least energy efficient products are removed from the market.
In connection to EU’s Ecodesign directive and as a result of a growing interest in energy efficiency, Danfoss has developed the new online tool called VLT EcoSmart. The tool can be used to calculate the energy efficiency class for a frequency converter or a motor-frequency convertor system.
VLT ecoSmart has many functions. With VLT ecoSmart you can:
- Look up standard part load loss data for Danfoss frequency converters
- Enter any application-specific part load points. VLT ecoSmart calculates the efficiency class and part load data
- Calculate efficiency class for a frequency converter
- Calculate efficiency class for a motor-frequency converter system
- Create a report documenting part load loss data and IE or IES efficiency class
- Export the part load data points for use in your own system
How does it work?
Just enter the nameplate data. Then enter any application-specific part load points. VLT ecoSmart calculates the efficiency class and part load data, and creates a report in pdf format which you can use as documentation.
Please note the following recommendations during usage of the tool in order to maintain accurate data:
- If you are using decimals in numbers use a dot instead of a comma (i.e. enter 37.52 per cent instead of 37,52 per cent)
- Use Internet Explorer version 10, Google Chrome or FireFox platforms
To find out more about the VLT ecoSmart online toolplease go to www.danfoss.com.