National Instruments is introducing four new single-board RIO board-level embedded devices featuring a real-time processor, Spartan-6 field-programmable gate array (FPGA), analogue and digital I/O and more built-in peripherals for custom embedded control and monitoring applications. The new devices provide engineers with off-the-shelf FPGA and real-time processor technology through NI LabVIEW while maintaining the custom I/O often required for high-volume deployments through the option of a RIO Mezzanine Card connector. The connector provides direct access to FPGA digital input/output (DIO) lines and certain processor-specific functions for mating custom daughter cards. NI Single-Board RIO alleviates the effort of designing an entire system from scratch so designers can focus on the custom parts of their applications, such as the I/O.
With the new devices, engineers can achieve the shorter time to market of an off-the-shelf system along with the I/O customisation offered by in-house designs. The devices also feature built-in analogue I/O so engineers can take advantage of the company’s analogue expertise in addition to their application-specific circuitry. The devices' low-cost, small form factor, built-in I/O, real-time processor and FPGA provide a platform for embedded monitoring and control applications in industries such as medical and energy.
Product features include:
- NI sbRIO-9623: 256 MB of memory, 128 MB RAM, 16 channels of 12-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 12-bit analogue output, 4 DIO, 96 RMC DIO
- NI sbRIO-9626: 512 MB of memory, 256 MB RAM, 16 channels of 16-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 16-bit analogue output, 4 DIO, 96 RMC DIO
- NI sbRIO-9633: 256 MB of memory, 128 MB RAM, 16 channels of 12-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 12-bit analogue output, 28 DIO
- NI sbRIO-9636: 512 MB of memory, 256 MB RAM, 16 channels of 16-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 16-bit analogue output, 28 DIO
National Instruments’ new devices offer:
- Multifunction I/O in a board-level reconfigurable I/O (RIO) product with built-in analogue I/O
- Customisation through daughter cards on two models
- More built-in peripherals including two RS232 serial ports, an RS485 port, Ethernet and options for a CAN port, USB port and SDHC card slot
- Alleviates the effort of designing an entire embedded system from scratch so designers can focus on the custom parts of their applications
For more information about the new single-board RIO board-level embedded devices, go to www.ni.com/singleboard/whatsnew.