Stemmer Imaging has made significant improvements in The Imaging & Vision Handbook, 5th Edition. There are improved technical overviews, selection guides that are easier to use, and more than 30 per cent more content. This highly regarded handbook on imaging and machine vision now contains around 450 pages, and covers numerous basic topics from all areas of imaging and machine vision. It is described as an indispensable reference guide for all users of this technology, which includes people who are looking for a an introduction to this technology, as well as experienced engineers who need detailed information about specific products.
The fifth edition of The Imaging & Vision Handbook addresses a host of practical imaging and machine vision questions. These include:
- Which applications are best for intelligent cameras?
- When are PC systems more suitable?
- What effect do lighting angles and colours have on the test results?
- How do I select the perfect lenses for my system?
- Which camera technology and which model is best suited to my application?
- FireWire, USB, CameraLink, CoaXPress or GigE Vision - which interface offers my system the most advantages?
- Which software can handle my problem reliably with a minimum of effort?
Technical overviews provide detailed explanations of the different basic technologies related to illumination, lenses, cameras, image acquisition, software, cabling and systems, as well as the functionality of important accessories. Each of these overviews is supplemented by a comprehensive product section containing all the technical data needed to select the best components for a given application. In addition, experienced experts at Stemmer Imaging are available to help with any further questions.
As with previous editions of the handbook, there is a very useful test chart printed on the back cover, plus there is an appendix with a quick reference guide to many of the topics covered in more detail elsewhere.
The Imaging & Vision handbook is printed in English (ISBN 978-3-00-039675-5) and German (ISBN 978-3-00-039674-8) and is available free of charge by registering at www.stemmer-imaging.co.uk.