Manufacturers looking for help with safety system design and installation have new resources available to them as part of the Machinery Safety System Integrator program from Rockwell Automation. Seven new members have joined in the second half of 2016, bringing the total number to 33.
Mark Eitzman, manager of Safety Market Development, Rockwell Automation, says: “Since its launch in 2014, this program has become a valuable resource to help manufacturers more easily find system integrators with proven safety expertise. These integrators have a deep understanding of safety standards and know how to apply safety while also improving productivity.”
- AND Automation, a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner based in the United Kingdom, offers integrated automation systems to companies in the chemical, plastic, food and life sciences industries
- Control System Services is a Rockwell Automation Recognised System Integrator located in the United Kingdom that serves clients around the world in a variety of industries, including aluminium and steel rolling mills, paper mills, and metal and mineral processors
- Elm Electrical, a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner located in Massachusetts, provides automated manufacturing and distribution systems, electrical construction services, and machinery and mechanical products for companies in the United States
- Fairfield Control Systems, a United Kingdom-based Rockwell Automation Recognised System Integrator, specialises in the design, manufacture, installation, commission and support of industrial control systems for a range of industries, including nuclear, pharmaceutical, metals and energy
- H&G Systems, a Rockwell Automation Recognised System Integrator based in the United Kingdom, specialises in the design, development and support of industrial process and control applications across a range of industries
- Millennium Control Systems is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner based in Ohio that provides control systems and software for a variety of industries, including glass, metal, rubber and paper, as well as for OEMs
- Simatec, a Rockwell Automation Recognised System Integrator based in Brazil, specialises in metals, mining, automotive, food and beverage applications
To join the Machinery Safety System Integrator program, companies must be current Rockwell Automation Solution Partners or Recognised System Integrators with three to five years of machine safety experience. They must complete an intensive education and assessment process. Rockwell Automation also recognises third-party certification from industry-accepted organisations, such as TÜV or exida.
After meeting these initial requirements, each candidate’s safety engineers complete training modules on topics, such as global safety standards, safety risk-assessment practices, and safeguarding mitigation and validation. Finally, each candidate must submit a machinery safety project that is consistent with global standards.
System integrators interested in joining the Machinery Safety System Integrator program should contact their local Rockwell Automation sales office.