Movidrive MDX60/61B is the new generation of drive inverters from SEW-Eurodrive. These are impressive devices, with more basic functions, an expanded lower power range, greater overload capacity and a modular design. They facilitate unrestricted application of AC drives with a power range of 0.55-160kW (0.74-215HP) with modern digital inverter technology.
Using Movidrive units, even asynchronous AC motors can now achieve levels of dynamics and control quality that previously could only be achieved with servo drives or DC motors. The integrated control and expansion options create remarkably cost-effective drive systems as regards diversity of application, project planning, startup and operation.
As standard the units are equipped with the IPOSplus integrated positioning and sequence control system. They can also be expanded with the available options.
In addition to the features of the standard design, these units include electronic cam and internal synchronous operation technology functions. Users can also take advantage of all the application modules available in the Movitools operating software package.
The application version inverters also provide access to the application modules. Application modules are standardised control programs specifically for positioning, winding, and controlling drive tasks. The application modules offer the following advantages:
- High functionality and user-friendly operator interface
- Ease of use - just enter the parameters needed for the application
- Guided parameter setting process instead of complicated programming
- No lengthy training or familiarisation - which means quicker project planning and startup
- All motions are controlled directly in the Movidrive
- Decentralised concepts can be implemented more easily