Visual Solutions Incorporated has announced the immediate availability of VisSim/Digital Power Designer, a new high-level block set for simulation and auto code generation of Digital Power Supplies.
Available from Adept Scientific, VisSim/Digital Power Designer allows you to quickly create models of complete power systems with a wide selection of digital control schemes, analogue power stages and loads. Building on the existing Embedded Controls Developer platform, VisSim/Digital Power Designer generates highly efficient embedded C-code to realise the firmware for the control of Texas Instruments MCUs.
VisSim/Digital Power Designer provides:
- Controllers (Multi-phase VMC, Peak CMC, Average CMC, Hysteretic CMC, PFC, PSFB, Zero-transition CMC)
- Filters (1st order, 2nd order, Moving Average, Moving Median)
- Measurements (Apparent Power, Crest Factor, Reactive Power, RMS, THD, etc)
- Utility functions (Event counter, soft-start, window detector)
- Converters (Buck, Boost, Buck-boost, Sepic, Cuk, Zeta, Full-bridge, Half-bridge, Push-pull, Flyback, Forward, Rectifiers and Bridgeless PFC)
- Configurable analogue power stage with user selectable resistance, capacitor bank and inductance
- Sensors (AC current transformer, isolated current Hall-effect, isolated voltage, resistive current sense, resistive divider (voltage sense)
- Loads (Constant-current, Constant-power, Load profiles, Inductive, nonlinear glitching, LED strings, Parallel connector)
- Compensators (PI, PID (traditional) , PID (2p2z) , Types I, II and III, 3p3z)
- Supports TI Piccolo, Delfino, Concerto and MSP430 targets with CCS V4&V5
Visual Solutions CEO, Peter Darnell, says: “Our goal at Visual Solutions is to help companies bring innovative and complex products to market as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our new Digital Power Designer, coupled with our deep support for TI on-chip peripherals, makes it easier than ever for engineers to design complete embedded digital power solutions.”
Brett Novak, C2000 Product Marketing at Texas Instruments, says: “I’ve been very impressed with the ease of use of VisSim and how well it generates code for our Piccolo line. This new VisSim Digital Power add-on is a super way for analogue power designers to get up to speed fast with digital power solutions.”
Learn more about VisSim/Digital Power Designer and download a trial by following this link.