Advantech is introducing two new serverboards, the ASMB-923I and ASMB-823I, featuring Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processors and C610 series chipsets. With improvements in energy efficiency, CPU performance, security and remote manageability, these server-grade industrial motherboards are suitable for powering industrial servers designed for applications including automatic test equipment, AOI (automated optical inspection), video broadcasting, transcoding, medical imaging, video conferencing, cloud gaming and NVR/DVR surveillance.
The world is moving toward a time when every standalone device is connected, and the IoT (Internet of Things) market is starting to heat up. Consequently, the demands of embedded applications are increasing. Advantech is addressing the market needs through products designed with Intel technology and is committed to developing platforms for intelligent systems, industrial servers and storage, along with the innovative technologies providing the best balance of performance, reliability, accelerating security, and remote management. The company's products are described as innovative platforms for high-performance computing and embedded applications such as equipment builder and intelligent video.
Advantech's new ASMB-923I EATX and ASMB-823I ATX serverboards feature dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 sockets and DDR4 2133 frequency support. They offer high-efficiency performance, with up to 35 per cent power savings compared with DDR3L, and up to 50 per cent at 3 DPC configurations, as well as a 50 per cent bandwidth performance boost. Also, the multicore hyper-threading (HT) function delivers simultaneous multithreading technology for each processor core physically present. The operating system addresses two virtual processors and shares the workload between them when possible. Supporting PCIe 3.0, they double the delivered bandwidth of PCIe 2.0 so that 10G Ethernet and high-performance graphic cards can be implemented.
In addition, the ASMB-923I also features parallel rackmount chassis placement that helps assure cool operation, lower fan power consumption and correspondingly quieter system acoustics. HPC-7180, HPC-7280, HPC-7480, HPC-7442, and ACP-4010MB are all supported. The ASMB-923I is currently available and the ASMB-823I will be available in November 2014.
- Dual LGA 2011-R3 Intel Xeon E5-2600v3 EATX Server Board with DDR4, four PCIe x16 +, two PCIe x 8 (Gen 3.0) and four USB 3.0
- EATX serverboard with dual Xeon E5-2600 (v3) processors, eight DIMM 256GB memory capacity
- DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM up to 256GB
- Four PCIe x16 slots (Gen3) + two PCIe x8 slots (Gen3.0) and one PCIe x4 (Gen2.0)
- 0-40degC ambient operating temperature range
- Dual LGA 2011-R3 Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 ATX Server Board with DDR4, four PCIe x16, six USB 3.0, SATA3, Dual LAN, IPMI 2.0
- ATX Server Board with dual Xeon E5-2600 (v3) processors
- DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM up to 192GB
- Four PCIe x16 slots (Gen3), two PCIe x8 (Gen3) and one PCIe x4 (Gen2) slots
- Nine SATA3 ports and six USB 3.0 ports
Follow the link for more information about the server-grade industrial motherboards from Advantech.