Danfoss Power Solutions is introducing its new MP1 closed circuit axial piston pump, which provides best-in-class modular configuration for manufacturers seeking a reliable medium-power product.
The MP1 pump, which is set for a global market launch in Q3 2016 of 28/32 and 38/45cm³ frames, is designed to help OEMs provide proven, precision machine control for customers while speeding up the design process, improving time to market and offering endless possibilities in connectivity and data capture through telematics.
Distributors will benefit from the flexibility of the MP1 modular common pump platform, which provides the ability to more quickly adapt to changing market needs. In addition, distributors will no longer need to stock a large number of product variations – the MP1 is flexible enough to fit a wide array of applications – allowing for a reduction in overhead costs.
John Heller, product marketing manager with Danfoss Power Solutions, says: “Danfoss Power Solutions is pleased to introduce yet another opportunity to be a better business partner. The MP1 features the reliability and support that customers have come to expect from Danfoss products and services – because our goal is to do business at the speed our customers do business, delivering what they need when they need it.”
The MP1 pump is targeted to a variety of industries that demand the right power for their equipment, including road construction, turf care, material handling and specialty machines.
Highlights of MP1 features and benefits include:
- Reliable power from a trusted partner, with the ability to scale to needed control capability – including MDC (manual displacement control) and EDC (electrical displacement control)
- Built-in flexibility through common pump platforms for controls and porting; this modularity reduces manufacturing variation for simplified component sourcing and improves time to market
- A true clean side (non-customer interface) provides flexibility in component placement; competing pumps on the market typically include a valve on the clean side, significantly reducing placement options
- One of the shortest component lengths in its class, which provides the potential to reduce material costs
- Built upon the reliability of proven Danfoss pumps, the durable, robust design meets the demands of the often harsh work conditions seen by rollers, trenchers, directional drills and pavers, for example
- Conversion capability fits many speciality machine types such as sweepers and harvesters
- Enabled for telematics with easy-to-develop custom applications using the Danfoss Power Solutions PLUS+1 GUIDE (Graphical User Integrated Development Environment) system, MP1 helps deliver precision machine control by providing many possibilities for connectivity and vital data collection, which can assist with predictive maintenance, remote service, efficiency management and operator safety; these information-driven capabilities are unavailable in many competing pumps
- Superior support from Danfoss Power Solutions, which promises to deliver application-specific design to fit machines and to lower the business risk for OEMs by providing reliable, available, proven products and systems
For more information about the MP1 closed circuit axial piston pump, visit powersolutions.danfoss.com or contact a Danfoss distributor.